Hey beautiful, it’s me- Devina! Thank you so much for checking out our page♡
I started our brand in 2016 purely for my love for the hands-on creation of making clothes. Textiles was my favourite class throughout school and sewing and working with fabrics always came naturally to me. I believe these skills were passed down from my great-grandmother, Gertrude, skipping two generations and finding their way to me.
Being the nature child that I am, I was so excited to create a brand that not only allows me to do what I love, but also allows me to do my part for the environment and create clothing in a sustainable and ethical way- and join the movement of not only promoting sustainable clothing but also encouraging sustainable lifestyles and mindsets.
We are only at the start of our journey, and we aren’t experts, but it didn’t take too much research to see the impact that the fashion industry is having on our beautiful planet. What I found is that there are SO many other brands joining this movement, which goes to show that more and more consumers are demanding for more sustainable products too.
Every day we are growing and learning and one thing we will never do is give up our mission for creating a more sustainable future.
So what does creating sustainable products look like for us? Let me show you…
OUR SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES:
- All of our ranges are made locally in Sydney, Australia, lowering our carbon footprint on the planet because of the decreased amount of transportation.
- We only produce in small runs to avoid overstock
- Our patterns are carefully designed to minimise wastage
- Any cut offs are donated to a company making punching bags. How cool is that!?
- We have chosen to work with linen due its sustainable properties. It requires less water and fewer pesticides than most other fibres such as cotton. Being a natural fibre also means that it will biodegrade back into the soil
- We use a very high quality linen which has been officially OEKO-TEX certified, meaning that it has been tested for over 100 harmful chemicals and substances. This ensures the fabric we use is not harmful to our customers or to our waterways.
- Our stockist orders are shipped using recycled boxes, whilst our online orders are sent via compostable shipping bags from heropackaging.com.au
- All market stall sales are packaged in unbleached paper bags
- Our tags and business cards are made from recycled paper.
The best way to do your part, consume less, and support ethical and sustainable fashion and beauty brands to do your part for our planet. We don’t need to miss out. We simply need to change the way we think and who we support.
Here at Devina Louise, we want each and every one of you beautiful ladies to recognise your worth no matter what you do. Our brand celebrates full self-expression for all women, as we care for the environment and make clothes that help you feel confident and show off your individual spirit and character.
We want you to look beautiful and believe in yourself, whilst you’re saving the world!
By choosing to wear ethical fashion from Devina Louise, you will be helping us to support the amazing not-for-profit organisation – One Tree Planted. For every sale we make, a tree is planted, which we believe to be a beautiful way to give back to Mother Earth.
We are doing our best and always open to new ideas and feedback 🙂 Feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions or want to get in touch.
Love Devina and the DL Team x
And here, my all-time favourite quote:
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama
We get up EVERY DAY to create a more sustainable future, where people are mindful of themselves and their actions.
We do this by empowering others to express themselves through beautiful and sustainable clothing.
In doing so we express ourselves and bring joy to our life through the hands on creation of that very clothing, knowing it brings joy and inspiration to others.
We plant one tree for every item sold. Through this pledge, we contribute to the world’s reforestation, create new habitats for wildlife and help enhance air quality for communities around the world.